ABOUT THE SWCC 5K RUN
Since 2008, the Southwest Center City 5K Run has served the area as a healthy, community-building
event. In addition to hosting hundreds of participants, the event gives back to
the community through its non-profit, SWCC Run, Inc., contributing to beautification
initiatives. Everyone is welcome to join us by walking, running or rolling in the
Start: Saturday, October 25, 2014 @ 9:00 AM
Julian Abele Park - 22nd and Montrose
Race Map: Click
here to see the route map
Click here to donate to South West Center City 5k Run towards Chester A Arthur
2014 RACE RESULTS
You can get the offical race results by clicking on the following link:
2014 RACE PICTURES
Picutres of the 2014 race are now online on the Flickr! account. You can access them by clicking on the following link:
- Electronic timing for the 5K , which means faster and more accurate results.
- A Tech T-Shirt is included with every registration! No more throw-away t-shirts.
- A strong group of marshals on every corner to cheer you on and guide you through the streets.
- Multiple prizes to be won including best costume awarded to the best costumed runner!
- Establishment of the SWCC Running Club, which grew organically out of local interest.
- Continued success of our Pre-Run Networking Happy Hour
on the Thursday night before the race, from 6-8PM, for cheers and beers with friends, sponsors
Year after year, the SWCC 5k Run has a history of donating money to beautify and
improve the South West Center City neighborhood.
This year, all proceeds will be donated to the Friends of Chester Arthur (FoCA) to support fitness programming and projects at the Chester A Arthur school. FoCA was formed by Southwest Center City parents and community members who are committed to partnering with the Chester Arthur in order to foster a robust learning environment for our neighborhood children.
Click here to donate directly to Chester A. Arthur School.
BECOME A SPONSOR